Subscribe to AFRICASD-L
IISD's Knowledge Management
IISD RS Meeting Coverage
About the AFRICASD-L Mailing List
- What is AFRICASD-L?
- What is posted on AFRICASD-L?
- How do I subscribe to AFRICASD-L?
- How do I access postings to AFRICASD-L?
- How do I post a message to AFRICASD-L?
- How do I unsubscribe from AFRICASD-L?
- Who should I contact if I require Technical Support?
AFRICASD-L is a community announcement list for policy makers and practitioners involved in international sustainable development in Africa. This free knowledge-sharing tool is managed and moderated by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services, as part of the African Regional Coverage Programme (ARC).
AFRICASD-L is a peer-to-peer service meant to advance understanding of sustainable development in Africa by allowing subscribers to post announcements related to activities with a strong focus on international sustainable development policy and/or practice. AFRICASD-L offers users a tool to better publicize and coordinate their efforts through virtual knowledge exchange.
Postings include international sustainable development policy news, announcements of workshops/seminars/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources. Postings also include the African Regional Update, a compilation of items recently posted to the African Regional Coverage knowledgebase, which was also developed by IISD.
The listserv is moderated by IISD, and only announcements that satisfy the following guidelines will be distributed to subscribers:
- All postings should be announcements appropriate for an international audience that have a connection to international sustainable development policy and/or practice in Africa: i.e. application of best practices in sustainable development in the region, announcements or outcomes of sustainable-development-related meetings or sessions/side events held in or regarding the region, job postings relevant to the region, and publications and online resources regarding sustainable development policy and practice as it applies to the region;
- No press releases or postings that are commercial in nature, personal statements, news stories, polemic statements or postings intended to create discussion will be cleared for distribution to the list;
- Postings should include the internet address for large documents (URLs) rather than including attached files. If possible, do not send file attachments. If you must attach a file, small PDF files under 200 kb are always recommended. Any message larger than 500kb is rejected by our software.
To subscribe to the AFRICASD-L listserv, enter your email address below.
It is recommended that you set a password when subscribing, to protect your settings and prevent others from posting on your behalf.
To do this, after subscribing,
- Go to your Membership Options at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/
- In the upper right corner of the page click on ‘not logged in’
- Enter the e-mail address you have subscribed with in our lists
- Click on AFRICASD-L
- Click on ‘my account’ in the left hand menu
- Choose ‘advanced’
- Enter the password and save the changes made
- Log out
To receive AFRICASD-L postings in your email, subscribe to the AFRICASD-L listserv as described above.
To read AFRICASD-L postings online, and to access older posts, visit the AFRICASD-L listserve Archive.
Any AFRICASD-L subscriber can post to the list. Just send the message to AFRICASD-L@lists.iisd.ca (in exactly the format that you would like it to be distributed to the list). If your message fits within the guidelines, the moderator will approve it for distribution to all the members of the list.
To unsubscribe from AFRICASD-L, visit [Membership Options] at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/. This link is available at the bottom of every message posted to AFRICASD-L.
Log in with the e-mail address you have used to subscribe to AFRICASD-L. Then:
- Click on ‘not logged in’ button in upper right corner of page
- Enter password (if you set one when you subscribed)
- Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option next AFRICASD-L.
Alternatively, each message includes an ‘unsubscribe’ option in the bottom footnote, which you can select.
If you have any difficulty unsubscribing, please contact Diego Noguera <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
If you require Technical Support, please contact Diego Noguera <email@example.com>.